In 2016, community radio supporters came together in a big way. GiveBig to MyStation, a project of the National Federation of Community Broadcasters (NFCB), raised over $60,000 for stations all across the country. This year, the GiveBig to MyStation effort will once again be led by Beverly Hacker of MIS, Inc., who was the project manager for NFCB's successful 2016 campaign.
In 2017, we're expanding GiveBig to MyStation. The campaign will run a full month, from Giving Tuesday to New Year's Eve. That way, stations can use the GiveBig platform for all of their year-end fundraising efforts both on and off-air. We will have three 'emphasis' mini-campaigns to accommodate different stations' schedules - Giving Tuesday (November 28); MyStation Days (December 18-19); and Year-end Days (December 29-30). That way, stations will be able to coordinate the on-air and social media focus days to the ones that best fit their broadcast and fundraising plans.
Everything else stays the same - we will provide you with training, tools, and technology to enable your station to do a successful year-end fundraising campaign with minimal effort. Here are a few of the things we will do for your station:
- Set up your basic donation page, which you can customize from there
- Detailed and customizable worksheets, templates, scripts and other tools to get you started
- Branded web, print, email and social media graphics that you can use as is or modify to include your own branding
- Online training for topics ranging from setting up your website to best practices in social media and email marketing, as well as on-air pitch techniques and technical tips
- Help you set up peer-to-peer fundraising with online training for you and your volunteers to turn them into successful fundraisers for your station
Youcan also reach us by phone at 314-896-0238 or by email. And check back here because we'll be adding more information over the next few weeks as we gear up for GiveBig to MyStation 2017!